Your guide to buying a knitting needle
Knitting can be both a relaxing and full-fledged hobby. But you probably will not want to buy only one pair of knitting needles. If you are interested in creating different projects, you will need a whole series of knitting needles. The thickness of the knitting needle determines how many stitches can enter into one inch of the material. Companies produce sets of knitting needles, so you can work on delicate projects, such as lace or more dense projects, such as a wool sweater. In addition to the traditional straight unidirectional sets of needles, you will also find bi-directional and circular sets of needles. There are also sets of needles for specialized stitches, such as a cable stitch.
We have compiled this guide to help you choose a set of knitting needles that meet your needs. This will help you:
· Select the correct set of knitting needles,
· See tips about what type of knitting needle set,
· Read reviews of different brands set the spokes, and what customers are saying,
· Select the correct brand set of knitting needles, and
· Compare prices and find the best deals.
Types of needle sets
We can distinguish knitting needles by their shape:
· Straight needles: This, in turn, can be single or double-edged. They can be made of aluminum, steel, wood, plastic, glass, carbon fibers or casein. Some companies wash them out of bamboo, because bamboo tends to be stronger than conventional wooden needles.
· Unidirectional: This will have a handle on one end, to keep stitches from falling. The other end will gradually move to a sharp point. They may be in the range of 9 “to 16” in length. The longer the needle, the more stitches it can hold. You must use a longer needle if you are dealing with longer clothes.
· Double-edged: they will be listed on both ends, allowing you to sew on both sides. They can be used for tubular garments, such as sleeves on a sweater. They will be sold in sets of 4 or 5, in various calibrations. Bidirectional needles range from 13-20 cm (5 to 8 inches).
· Cable needle: This special needle, tapered at both ends, either curved or straight in the middle, for the manufacture of cable stitch clothes.
· –are circular needles convenient for Knitting Round Pieces fabrics: hats, socks, sleeves and t. d. They Consist of of Two Double Sharpened needles, which are connected by a flexible nylon cable. Needles themselves may be made of plastic, aluminum, steel or nickel plated brass. The stitches that you have knitted on one of the needles are transferred to the nylon cable. Round needles can also be used for direct knitting – with a slight change in technique. You’ll also see the interchangeable circular needles, where you have a set of needles that you can attach to the nylon cable and change them if necessary ..
What people say
Based on all the reviews of consumers that we looked at, it’s that they mentioned their new things:
· ￼￼￼ Offer against the use of wood or bamboo: Even if you have wood and bamboo finish or wax coating, they tend to get fragmentation over time. This can cause the yarn to get stuck on the knitting needle – aluminum or steel needles are preferred. (C other hand, people Prefer wood, because it offers more friction, so that the stitches won ‘t slide off easily.)
· Color marking needle: Over time, the number of which indicates the needle gauge may get erased. But some companies have interesting solution: For example, in The Knitter’s Pride Dreams Straight needle set has a colored needles. For example, green needles is that they gauge 4. Thus, you will always know how many stitches you need to get an inch. But there is a flaw here, even if your yarn color is dark, you’ll have a problem with displaying it on a dark-colored needles pair.
· Convenient carrying case: Both Knitter ‘s Pride and make KnitPicks comfortable Case for their Needle sets. This allows you to keep the needle in order.
Tips for buyers
· Range of sensors: a knitting needle gauge tells you how thick needle. Spokes thicknesses ranging from 0.7-25 mm in width. Usually, you use the same knitting needles on the same garment, although there are patterns that require uneven stitches, where you change the needles in the middle. KnitPicks “Options Sunstruck Wood Interchangeable needle set sells set of needles 8 in the range from 3.5 mm to 8 mm, whereas import Stanwood has a set of 13-gauge needle.
· Circular needles against double pointed needles: Although the circular needles can replace direct double-pointed needles in a large number of applications, some people prefer the double-edged, in any case, for example, in the creation of the toes in a pair of gloves or mittens, bidirectional needles have been more effective.
The best brands
Knitter Pride – was founded in 2006. They are manufacturers of a wide range of knitting needles and hooks for crocheting, as well as accessories that greatly simplify knitting and crocheting. They make blockers (which maintain tension between tissue sections), cutting tools, repair hooks, woolen needles and much more.
Addi – manufacturers of knitting needles for several projects: round needles, double-headed needles, straight needles, crochet hooks, yarn and accessories.
Stanwood Needlecraft – were created in 2003 and are importers of Asian novelties. They specialize in home and garden products. They make chimes and wind sculptures, tools for bonsai, winders for yarn and double and single-purpose knitting needles.
LIHAO – retailers of a number of products for the arts, crafts and sewing. They sell bamboo knitting needles, yarns and hooks for crocheting. They also have a kitchen and a dining room.
Knit Picks – was founded in 2002 by Kelly and Bob Petkun as an online knitwear store, selling equipment for knitting and crocheting. They sell wood, acrylic and nickel knitted needles, yarns, knitting books and knitting accessories. They also give textbooks for knitting.